I wrote five posts in February, including one about my selection criteria and one about the future of DivGro. I also reworked my watch list page, listing candidates for DivGro by yield, by payment month, and by sector. Hopefully this reorganization will help with portfolio diversification.
In February, I purchased Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corp (NTT). It is a foreign telecommunications company that trades on the NYSE as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR). Generally, I like telecom stocks because of their reputation for dependable dividend payments. As an international stock, NTT is an added bonus because it diversifies my portfolio geographically as well as by industry.
At the end of February, my portfolio contained 4 stocks and had a market value of $15,258.14, which represents an overall gain of $258.14, or 1.72%. This is up 2.44% from last month. For comparison, the S&P 500 gained 1.34% in February.
- 2013-02-05: Return of Capital ETP: $89.38
- 2013-02-13: BUY 110 NTT @ $22.43 ($106.77 Annual Income)
- 2013-02-28: MAR Cash Deposit: $1,000
New Dividends/Dividend Increases:
- The purchase of NTT increased expected dividend income for 2013 by $106.77
- Total expected dividend income for 2013 is $662.29
- Forward 12-month projected dividend income is $662.29
- ETP: $0.8938/unit x 100 units = $89.38
- Year-to-date: $89.38 of $662.29 (13.50%)
|Jan 31, 2013||
|Feb 28, 2013|
Portfolio: Here is a spreadsheet showing the DivGro's current holdings:
|Yields: The following spreadsheet presents the current yield on cost for my stocks and the cumulative dividends received:|