Including this post, I've written only four posts in March. It was a rather busy month for me at work, and without cash on hand in DivGro I had little incentive to research new candidates. Besides, the market is at an all time high, so finding great value is much more challenging! I did start a new series in which I'll be tracking dividend increases for stocks in my watch list.
In March, I purchased General Dynamics Corporation (GD). The purchase increased my diversification into the Capital Goods sector and gives me dividend income in the months of January, April, July and October.
At the end of March, my portfolio contained 5 stocks and had a market value of $16,736.95, which represents an overall gain of $736.95, or 4.61%. This is up 2.17% from last month. For comparison, the S&P 500 gained 3.60% in March.
- 2013-03-01: Cash Dividend INTC: $27.00
- 2013-03-01: BUY 35 GD @ $67.52 ($71.40 Annual Income)
- 2013-03-11: Cash Dividend CVX: $22.50
- 2013-03-28: APR Cash Deposit: $1,000
New Dividends/Dividend Increases:
- The purchase of GD increased expected dividend income for 2013 by $53.55
- In March, GD increased its annual dividend by 9.8% from $2.04 to $2.24, adding $5.25 for 2013; annual dividend income for GD now is $78.40
- Total expected dividend income for 2013 is $721.09
- Forward 12-month projected dividend income is $740.69
- INTC: $0.225/share x 120 shares = $27.00
- CVX: $0.90/share x 25 shares = $22.50
- Year-to-date: $138.88 of $721.09 (19.26%)
|Feb 28, 2013||
|Mar 31, 2013||
Portfolio: Here is a spreadsheet showing DivGro's current holdings: