In June, I purchased my 10th dividend growth stock, completing one of my 2013 goals. As for my other 2013 goals, I'm on track to earn at least $750 in dividend income and to average one blog post per week. However, it is too early to tell if DivGro will exceed the performance of the S&P 500 index in total returns.
I started a new monthly post in which I'll be identifying seven stocks in my watch list of dividend stocks that I consider to be the strongest candidates for the month. I use data in Dave Fish's list of US Dividend Champions and my selection criteria to rate candidates in my watch list. From these ratings, I compile a dashboard of all candidates and identify the seven strongest candidates for consideration in the next month.
This month I've trimmed down my watch list stocks, removing stocks that have decreased their annual dividend payments and stocks that are not dividend growth stocks.
I purchased shares in one new dividend growth stock, BHP Billiton Plc (BBL), adding $98.04 in annual dividend income or $49.02 in expected dividend income for the 2013 calendar year.
At the end of June, in addition to my regular $1,000 deposit, I deposited $10,000 in cash through a transfer from one of my other portfolios. I now have just over $12,000 in available cash for dividend growth investing. The market value of DivGro is now $40,720.59, which represents an overall gain of $1,720.59, or 4.41%, since January.
- 2013-06-03: Cash Dividend Receipt INTC: $27.00
- 2013-06-03: Cash Dividend Receipt COP: $25.08
- 2013-06-03: Cash Dividend Receipt AFL: $17.50
- 2013-06-03: BUY 43 BBL @ $58.39 ($98.04 Annual Income)
- 2013-06-10: Cash Dividend Receipt CVX: $25.00
- 2013-06-28: JUL Cash Deposit: $1,000
- 2013-06-28: Bonus Cash Deposit: $10,000
- 2013-06-28: Cash Dividend Receipt TRV: $14.50
- The purchase of BBL increased expected dividend income for 2013 by $49.02
- Total expected dividend income for 2013 is $1,000.69
- Forward 12-month projected dividend income is $1,146.17
- INTC: $0.225/share x 120 shares = $27.00
- COP: $0.66/share x 38 shares = $25.08
- AFL: $0.35/share x 50 shares = $17.50
- CVX: $1.00/share x 25 shares = $25.00
- TRV: $0.50/share x 29 shares = $14.50
- Total year-to-date: $374.22 of $1,000.69 (37.40%)
|May 31, 2013||
|Jun 30, 2013||
Portfolio: Here is a spreadsheet showing DivGro's current holdings: