As I mentioned in my Q3-2015 quarterly review, I have some big plans for the months ahead. I'm planning to sell some stocks I no longer believe should be in my portfolio and I'm planning to merge the holdings in my Scottrade account with my DivGro holdings. More on that later!
Dividend income in October was a little disappointing. One of my stocks, PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust (NYSE:PMT), cut its dividend by 23%. I will probably sell my PMT shares in the coming week. Also, I no longer own shares of Baxter International Inc (NYSE:BAX), which would have paid a dividend in October.
Fortunately, projected monthly dividend income continued to increase and as long as that number goes up, I'm happy! Here is a chart showing dividends received by month and the projected monthly dividend income of DivGro:
I received $364 in dividend income in October, just barely above the $358 I received in the year-ago quarter. That is an increase of only 1.7%.
Yesterday, on the last trading day of October, I added 47 shares of ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP). I'm busy writing an article to explain why I decided to add shares of COP, so be on the lookout for that article. Below are the transactions I've captured in DivGro this month:
- 2015-10-30: Buy 47 shares of COP @ $53.93
- 2015-10-01: Cash Dividend Receipt PNNT: $60.20
- 2015-10-09: Cash Dividend Receipt MO: $42.38
- 2015-10-14: Cash Dividend Receipt PM: $66.30
- 2015-10-15: Cash Dividend Receipt O: $19.05
- 2015-10-15: Cash Dividend Receipt VNR: $21.15
- 2015-10-15: Cash Dividend Receipt STWD: $52.80
- 2015-10-15: Cash Dividend Receipt STAG: $16.10
- 2015-10-21: Cash Dividend Receipt ACE: $16.08
- 2015-10-28: Cash Dividend Receipt GPS: $13.80
- 2015-10-29: Cash Dividend Receipt PMT: $56.40
- 2015-10-21: Passive Income Cash Deposit: $240.54
- 2015-10-28: November Cash Deposit: $2,500.00
Changes in Projected Annual Dividend Income:
- The purchase of 47 COP shares added $139.12.
- OHI's dividend increase added $5.60.
- AFL's dividend increase added $4.00.
- ETP's dividend increase added $8.00.
- STAG's dividend increase added $1.39.
- PMT's dividend decreased subtracted $67.20.
- Projected annual dividend income (31 October 2015): $7,046.89.
- Dividend income last month: $763.92
- Dividend income this month: $364.26
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $5,200.47
The stock market recovered nicely after the correction in August and September.
|Sep 30, 2015|
|Oct 31, 2015|
In October, the Dow gained 8.47% and the S&P 500 gained 8.30%. In comparison, DivGro gained 7.34%.
Including this article, I wrote a total of 6 articles in October. In case you missed any of those articles, here they are:
- Quarterly Review: Q3-2015 – explains why I sold this pair of stocks
- 17 Dividend Increases, October 19 To October 23, 2015 – 3 stocks with double digit increases!
- 12 Dividend Increases, September 21 To October 16, 2015 – includes a raise for OHI
- Monthly Review: September 2015 – projected monthly dividend income increased to $580
- Recent Buy: Exxon Mobil – averaging down to $78.82 per share
Looking Ahead: I have enough funds for at least 2 buys.
I've updated my Performance page with the latest results. It provides a central place for reviewing DivGro's status and performance relative to the markets and to prior months.
Thanks for reading and take care, everybody!