Before we hike, I'd like to report on the month of June. I added one new stock, WMT, and set a new record for monthly dividend income of $395! Compared with $109 earned in June 2013, this months income represents an increase of 262%! Also, DivGro crossed the 6-figure mark this month!
|This month, I invested in Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT), adding one more stock to DivGro's holdings in the Consumer Staples sector. DivGro's projected monthly dividend income now stands at $366, up from $358 at the end of May. Currently, DivGro has a market value of $104,153.|
- 2014-06-13: BUY 34 WMT @ $75.42
- 2014-06-02: Cash Dividend Receipt INTC: $27.00
- 2014-06-02: Cash Dividend Receipt AFL: $18.50
- 2014-06-02: Cash Dividend Receipt COP: $26.22
- 2014-06-10: Cash Dividend Receipt XOM: $20.17
- 2014-06-10: Cash Dividend Receipt TGT: $17.20
- 2014-06-10: Cash Dividend Receipt CVX: $26.75
- 2014-06-10: Cash Dividend Receipt JNJ: $21.00
- 2014-06-12: Cash Dividend Receipt WAG: $13.86
- 2014-06-12: Cash Dividend Receipt MSFT: $22.40
- 2014-06-13: Cash Dividend Receipt VNR: $37.80
- 2014-06-13: Cash Dividend Receipt MDP: $23.79
- 2014-06-19: Cash Dividend Receipt SDRL: $72.00
- 2014-06-26: Cash Dividend Receipt SNP: $67.37
- 2014-06-30: JULY Cash Deposit: $2,500
New Dividends and Dividend Increases:
- The purchase of WMT added $65.28 of projected annual dividend income.
- TGT's dividend increase added $14.40 of projected annual dividend income.
- CAT's dividend increase added $12.00 of projected annual dividend income.
- SNP's dividend adjustment subtracted $1.51 of projected annual dividend income.
- NTT's dividend adjustment added $4.00 of projected annual dividend income.
- Projected annual dividend income: $4,389.52
- Dividend income last month: $329.94
- Dividend income this month: $394.59
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $1,472.45
|May 31, 2014||
|Jun 30, 2014||
Portfolio: The following spreadsheet shows the state of DivGro on Jun 30, 2014:
Looking Ahead: I have enough funds for a single purchase, which would be the 32nd stock purchase for DivGro. Working towards a diversified portfolio matching the distribution of my watch list, I'll be looking to buy a stock in any of the following sectors: Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Industrials, Information Technology, or Materials. I'll be updating the Performance page with this month's information soon. Also, look for my next quarterly review as well as a progress post related to my goals for 2014.
Thanks for reading! How did your portfolio do in June? Was June a record month for you as far as dividend income is concerned?