In July, I purchased 2 more dividend growth stocks, China Mobile Limited (CHL) and Textainer Group Holdings Ltd (TGH), bringing to 12 the number of stocks I own in DivGro. These purchases increased my expected dividend income for 2013 by $113.65.
Also this month, I finally received NTT's dividend payment, almost 3 months after it was announced. Unfortunately, the payment of $0.4093 per share is a decrease of nearly 16%, which I'm not happy about. As a semi-annual dividend payer, NTT has a pattern of paying a smaller dividend in the first half of the year, followed by a larger dividend in the second half of the year. To retain their streak of annual dividend increases, NTT's second dividend payment later this year would need to be at least $0.53 per share.
I've updated my portfolio and watch list pages this month. I'm now using the GoogleFinance function to update current prices automatically and I've reorganized the presentation of my watch list stocks into tables. I think these updates are nice improvements, at least for me!
The market value of DivGro is now $42,825.15, an overall gain of $2,825.15 since January.
- 2013-07-03: Cash Dividend Receipt NTT: $45.02
- 2013-07-03: Fee - Trading Expense: (3.22)
- 2013-07-26: BUY 47 CHL @ $53.27 ($102.35 Annual Income)
- 2013-07-29: BUY 75 TGH @ $33.97 ($138.00 Annual Income)
- 2013-06-28: AUG Cash Deposit: $1,000
- NTT's dividend represents a decrease of $16.73 in dividend income for 2013
- The purchase of CHL increased expected dividend income for 2013 by $44.65
- The purchase of TGH increased expected dividend income for 2013 by $69.00
- COP increased their annual dividend by 4.55% to $2.76 (previously $2.64)
- this adds $2.28 to expected dividend income for 2013
- Total expected dividend income for 2013 is $1,099.89
- Forward 12-month projected dividend income is $1,374.35
- NTT: $0.4093/share x 110 shares = $45.02
- Total year-to-date: $419.24 of $1,099.89 (38.11%)
|Jun 30, 2013||
|Jul 31, 2013||
Portfolio: Here is a spreadsheet showing DivGro's current holdings: