I'm also planning to transfer stocks from a couple of IRA accounts in a similar fashion. As with my Scottrade transfers, I'm not actually moving the holdings from one account to the other. (I'm not allowed to do that with IRA holdings anyway!). Instead, I'll just be managing these accounts using my DivGro investment strategies.
In this post, I'd like to review DivGro's performance in the month of February 2016. As always, I'm updating DivGro's Performance page at the same time.
Due to a rather significant transfer from my Scottrade account, February turned out to be another record-setting dividend income month! I recorded $2,242 of dividend income, of which $1,772 is from transferred dividends and $470 is from dividends collected in February.
Here is DivGro's projected monthly dividend income (red line) plotted against monthly dividends:
The graph looks very exciting, but most of the recent spike is due to transfer of past dividends to DivGro. Comparing dividend income by month is another way to see progress:
This month, I transferred one stock and one closed-end fund from my Scottrade account to DivGro. These are Main Street Capital Corporation (MAIN) and Nuveen Premium Income Municipal Fund 2, Inc (NPM). Additionally, I added shares to 3 holdings, The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Cummins Inc (CMI), and HCP, Inc (HCP).
- 2016-02-03: Buy 27 shares of DIS @ $95.43
- 2016-02-17: Buy 25 shares of CMI @ $100.07
- 2016-02-17: Buy 90 shares of HCP @ $27.58
- 2016-02-29: Buy 100 shares of STAG @ $17.70
- 2016-02-05: Sell 85 shares of COP @ $32.55
- 2016-02-01: Cash Dividend Received TD: $147.00
- 2016-02-01: Cash Dividend Received DE: $18.00
- 2016-02-01: Cash Dividend Received T: $102.00
- 2016-02-05: Cash Dividend Received TXN: $22.80
- 2016-02-05: Cash Dividend Received GD: $24.15
- 2016-02-11: Cash Dividend Received AAPL: $22.88
- 2016-02-16: Cash Dividend Received ABBV: $20.52
- 2016-02-16: Cash Dividend Received PG: $21.21
- 2016-02-16: Cash Dividend Received OHI: $4.20
- 2016-02-16: Cash Dividend Received STAG: $16.22
- 2016-02-16: Cash Dividend Received O: $19.85
- 2016-02-17: Cash Dividend Received MAIN: $41.40
- 2016-02-22: Cash Dividend Received CAT: $46.20
- 2016-02-23: Cash Dividend Received HCP: $95.67
- Past Dividends
- 2016-02-01: Transfer Past Dividends MAIN: $1,746.45
- 2016-02-03: Transfer Past Dividends NPM: $25.20
- 2016-02-08: Passive Income Cash Deposit: $115.25
- 2016-02-22: Passive Income Cash Deposit: $284.97
- 2016-02-29: March Cash Deposit: $2,000.00
- Past Deposits
- 2016-02-01: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $4,994.23
- 2016-02-03: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $4,975.64
Changes in Projected Annual Dividend Income (PADI):
- From Purchases
- The purchase of 27 DIS shares added $38.34
- The purchase of 90 HCP shares added $207.00
- The purchase of 25 CMI shares added $97.50
- From Sales
- The sale of 85 COP shares removed $251.60
- From Transfers
- The transfer of 230 MAIN shares added $496.80
- The transfer of 70 DPS shares added $302.40
- From Increases
- TD's dividend increase added $7.61
- MDP's dividend increase added $8.25
- ES's dividend increase added $6.60
- AVA's dividend increase added $3.75
- RAI's dividend increase added $20.40
- DPS's dividend increase added $14.00
- KMB's dividend increase added $4.48
- MIC's dividend increase added $2.40
- STAG's dividend increase added $0.05
- KO's dividend increase added $5.20
- TROW's dividend increase added $2.40
- DLR's dividend increase added $5.76
- WMT's dividend increase added $1.36
- PADI increased by $1,116.02 to $8,651.11
- Dividend income last month: $1,095.27
- Dividend income this month: $2,241.51
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $3,336.78
- Total dividend income all-time: $16,538.31
In February, the Dow dropped 0.30% and the S&P 500 dropped 0.41%.
- PADI: Increase projected annual dividend income to $12,000.
- Dividends: Earn $10,800 in dividend income.
- Posts: Post 120 articles on my DivGro blog.
- Seeking: Write 52 premium articles for Seeking Alpha.
- DivNet: Write 8 articles for The DivNet.
The last gauge is a reference – it indicates where the other gauges should be after 60 out of 366 days. I'm a little behind on PADI and Dividends, and I have yet to write an article for The DivNet.
I wrote a total of 13 articles in February. In case you missed any of them, here they are:
- 1 Feb: Recent Transfer: Main Street Capital Corporation – a great monthly dividend payer yielding 7.48%
- 3 Feb: Recent Transfer: Nuveen Premium Income Municipal Fund 2, Inc. – CEF yielding 5.93%, tax-free!
- 7 Feb: 12 Dividend Increases, February 1-February 5, 2016 – 5 DivGro stocks announce increases
- 8 Feb: Another Home Run With DivGro – NTT becomes the second DivGro doubler
- 9 Feb: Recent Buy: The Walt Disney Company – increasing my DIS holding so I can write covered calls
- 14 Feb: 17 Dividend Increases, February 8-February 12, 2016 – 3 DivGro stocks announce increases
- 15 Feb: Annual Review, 2015 – dividend income in 2015 tops $7,900 and PADI increases $6,778
- 21 Feb: Recent Sell: ConocoPhillips – I sold COP after the company cut its dividend by 66%
- 22 Feb: 14 Dividend Increases, February 15-February 19, 2016 – 4 DivGro stocks announce increases
- 24 Feb: Monthly Review, January 2016 – a tough month for the markets, but some great dividends for DivGro!
- 25 Feb: 10 Dividend Growth Stocks for February 2016 – 4 newcomers and PII tops this month's list
- 28 Feb: 19 Dividend Increases, February 22-February 26, 2016 – 3 newcomers and PII tops this month's list
- 28 Feb: Recent Buy: HCP Inc – adding shares of Dividend Champion HCP, which yields an impressive 8.34%!
- 29 Feb: Recent Buy: Cummins Inc – averaging down the cost basis of CMI by adding more shares
Looking Ahead: Upon completion of the stock transfers from my Scottrade account, I plan to start transferring stocks I hold in a couple of IRA accounts to DivGro. Along with those stock transfers, I'll be transferring available cash to DivGro as well. This will create some great opportunities for more buys!
Thanks for reading and take care, everybody!