The past quarter, I contributed capital funds in the amount of $23,000 to DivGro – two bonus deposits of $10,000 each and three monthly deposits of $1,000 each. I received dividend income in Q2 of $235.34, up from the $138.88 received in Q1.
I purchased shares in five new dividend growth stocks, adding expected dividend income for 2013 of $272.10. Total expected dividend income for 2013 is now $1,000.67. Forward 12-month projected dividend income is $1,146.17.
On June 30, the market value of DivGro was $40,720.59, which represents a simple profit of 4.23% and an annualized personal rate of return (PRR) of 18.53%.
In the quarter ending June 2013, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 3.26% while the S&P 500 increased 3.45%:
|Apr 1, 2013|
|Jun 30, 2013|
For the same period, DivGro's value increased by 7.36% (when measured by PRR for the 2nd quarter).
Here is a spreadsheet summarizing DivGro's performance for Q2-2013:
- CVX increased its annual dividend by 11.1% from $3.60 to $4.00, increasing annual dividend income by $10 to $100; yield on cost (YoC) is now 3.65%
- Total expected dividend income for 2013: $1,000.67
- ETP made a cash distribution of $0.8938 per unit on May 2, 2013 ($89.38)
- GD paid a cash dividend of $0.56 per share on May 10, 2013 ($19.60)
- PRE paid a cash dividend of $0.64 per share on May 31, 2013 ($17.28)
- INTC paid a cash dividend of $0.225 per share on Jun 3, 2013 ($27.00)
- COP paid a cash dividend of $0.66 per share on Jun 3, 2013 ($25.08)
- AFL paid a cash dividend of $0.35 per share on Jun 3, 2013 ($17.50)
- CVX paid a cash dividend of $1.00 per share on Jun 10, 2013 ($25.00)
- TRV paid a cash dividend of $0.50 per share on Jun 28, 2013 ($14.50)
- Q2 of 2013: $235.34
- Year-to-date: $374.22 of $1000.67 (37.40%)
Outlook For Q3-2013: At the end of June, I made another large capital contibution to DivGro. With more than $12,000 of available cash, I'll be able to diversify my portfolio more and boost dividend income expectations for 2013 well beyond my original goal. I'll report on next quarter's performance in early October.