After selling two stocks in September due to dividend cuts, I had the luxury of having enough funds for three buys. I decided to add to my position in SDRL and I opened new positions in AVA and T. These buys increased DivGro's projected annual dividend income to $5,226. As a consequence, I've achieved one of my 2014 goals, namely to increase DivGro's projected annual dividend income to $4,800.
I'm close to achieving my other goal of reaching $3,600 in dividend income. At the end of October, dividend income totaled $3,163, so I'm only 12% away from achieving that goal.
October was exciting for other reasons, too. I published my first premium article on Seeking Alpha, became an associate member of The DIV-Net, and scored my first home run with DivGro when GD crossed the 100% profit mark!
This month, I purchased shares of Avista Corporation (AVA) and AT&T Inc. (T). DivGro now has 35 different holdings, only one position short of my goal of owning 36 different stocks by the end of 2014.
DivGro now has a market value of $115,899, which is up 4.2% from September's market value. The portfolio is delivering an average yield on cost of 5.32%. Projected monthly income is $436, up from $383 at the end of September.
Two of DivGro's holdings experienced dividend increases in October, AFL (5.41%) and ETP (2.09%). Dividend income in October totaled $355, compared with $197 in October 2013, an increase of 80%.
- 2014-10-30: Cash Dividend Receipt PMT:$73.20
- 2014-10-21: Cash Dividend Receipt ACE: $15.12
- 2014-10-15: Cash Dividend Receipt VNR: $37.80
- 2014-10-10: Cash Dividend Receipt PM: $31.00
- 2014-10-10: Cash Dividend Receipt MO: $36.00
- 2014-10-09: Cash Dividend Receipt CHL: $41.92
- 2014-10-07: Cash Dividend Receipt SNP: $40.11
- 2014-10-01: Cash Dividend Receipt PNNT: $60.20
- 2014-10-01: Cash Dividend Receipt BAX: $19.24
- 2014-10-29: November Cash Deposit: $2,500
New Dividends and Dividend Increases:
- The purchase of SDRL added $400.00 of projected annual dividend income.
- The purchase of AVA added $95.25 of projected annual dividend income.
- The purchase of T added $138.00 of projected annual dividend income.
- AFL's dividend increase added $4 of projected annual dividend income.
- ETP's dividend increase added $8 of projected annual dividend income.
- Projected annual dividend income: $5,237.63
- Dividend income last month: $497.71
- Dividend income this month: $355.07
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $3.163.48
|Sep 30, 2014||
|Oct 31, 2014|
The markets recovered in October, with the Dow gaining 2% and the S&P 500 gaining 1.46%. In comparison, DivGro increased by 1.78% in October.
Portfolio: The following spreadsheet shows the state of DivGro on October 31, 2014:
Looking Ahead: I have enough funds for a single purchase in November. I'll be looking at the sector winners in my November dashboard for a candidate. If my next purchase adds a new holding to DivGro, I'll achieve another of my 2014 goals, since that would be DivGro's 36th holding.