I've been studying REITs (real estate investment trusts) in order to develop more appropriate selection criteria – and I just haven't found the time to conclude that research. In the next few months, I'm hoping to fine-tune my selection criteria and the way I evaluate stocks. I feel this is necessary, as DivGro now contains 45 stocks and my focus will soon shift to adding more to existing holdings, rather than adding more holdings.
In May 2015, I received dividend income totaling $444, an increase of 35% over last May's income of $330. For comparison, last month's dividend income was $412.
DivGro's market value increased to $153,444 and the portfolio is delivering an average yield on cost (YoC) of 4.41%. Projected monthly dividend income (PMDI) increased to $520 from $496 last month. It is exciting to see PMDI finally cross the $500 mark. One of my goals for 2015 is to earn $6,000 in dividend income, which averages to $500 per month...
|I purchased shares of two different stocks in May:|
- 2015-05-15: Buy 75 shares of OHI @ $36.36
- 2015-05-19: Buy 30 shares of MIC @ $85.97
- 2015-05-01: Cash Dividend Receipt T: $70.50
- 2015-05-01: Cash Dividend Receipt DE: $18.00
- 2015-05-08: Cash Dividend Receipt GD: $24.15
- 2015-05-15: Cash Dividend Receipt OHI: $11.70
- 2015-05-15: Return of Capital ETP: $101.50
- 2015-05-15: Cash Dividend Receipt VNR: $21.15
- 2015-05-15: Cash Dividend Receipt O: $9.48
- 2015-05-18: Return of Capital APU: $110.40
- 2015-05-20: Cash Dividend Receipt CAT: $42.00
- 2015-05-27: Cash Dividend Receipt TGH: $35.25
- 2015-05-28: Passive Income Cash Deposit: 303.03
- 2015-05-28: June Cash Deposit: 2500.00
Changes in Projected Annual Dividend Income:
- The purchase of 75 OHI shares added $162.00.
- The purchase of 30 MIC shares added $128.40.
- ACE's dividend increase added $1.92.
- Projected annual dividend income (31 May 2015): $6,241.09.
- Dividend income last month: $412.13
- Dividend income this month: $444.13
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $2,194.08
|Apr 30, 2015|
|May 31, 2015|
In May, the Dow gained 0.95% and the S&P 500 gained 1.05%. In comparison, DivGro dropped 2.04%. I'm not overly concerned with DivGro's relative performance to the market. My focus is dividend income and growth, with a longterm time horizon.
Goals Progress: Below is a chart showing the progress I'm making on my 2015 goals. Notice that I'm updating two goals. Instead of 24 premium articles for Seeking Alpha, I'm now aiming to do 36. And instead of 12 DivNet articles, I'm aiming to write 6. As a result of this change, 6 more of my planned 104 articles in 2015 will appear on other sites, with links from my blog. The lagger goal remains my weight loss goal, although I've made some progress over last month. I'll continue to work harder on that one!
Looking Ahead: I have enough funds for a single purchase in June. I'll be looking at the top 10 stocks in this month's edition of my 10 Dividend Growth Stock series of articles for candidates. The end of this month will mark the halfway point of 2015, so'll be writing another quarterly review. The last month of every quarter is great as far as dividend income is concerned, so I'm hoping for another record month in June!
As always, I've updated my Performance page with the latest results. It provides a central place for reviewing DivGro's status and performance relative to the markets and to prior months.
Thanks for reading and take care, everybody!