Foremost, I started merging the holdings in my Scottrade account with my DivGro holdings, an ongoing process that will continue throughout December and into the new year. This is an exciting endeavor, as I'm adding some solid dividend paying stocks and increasing DivGro's projected annual dividend income in the process.
Also, I got rid of some stocks that no longer belong in my portfolio. I sold all my shares of PennyMac (PMT) and Textainer (TGH) after both companies announced dividend cuts. In December, I plan to sell more stocks that I believe no longer should be in my portfolio.
This month, I transferred 5 stocks from my Scottrade account to DivGro. These are Coca Cola (KO), Proctor & Gamble (NYSE:PG), Kimberly-Clark (NYSE:KMB), AbbView (NYSE:ABBV), and Dominion Resources (NYSE:D). As a result, DivGro's projected annual income increased by $445.
As mentioned earlier, I sold PMT and TGH. With the extra cash, I initiated a new position in HCP (HCP) and I added to my Qualcomm (QCOM) position with the intent to harvest some tax losses. Along with McDonald's (MCD) dividend increase, the net effect is that my projected annual dividend income now stands at $7,474 – just $26 shy of my 2015 goal of $7,500.
Dividend income in November topped $1,000 for the first time, although only $587 of the $1,121 received comes from dividends paid in November. The rest are past dividends from transferred stocks. Total dividends received in 2015 is $6,322, which is well above my 2015 goal of $6,000!
Here is a chart showing dividends received by month and DivGro's projected monthly dividend income:
- 2015-11-14: Transfer 65 shares of KO @ $38.94
- 2015-11-15: Transfer 32 shares of PG @ $79.47
- 2015-11-19: Transfer 28 shares of KMB @ $90.55
- 2015-11-22: Transfer 36 shares of ABBV @ $69.89
- 2015-11-24: Transfer 36 shares of D @ $69.41
- 2015-11-02: Cash Dividend Receipt DE: $18.00
- 2015-11-02: Cash Dividend Receipt T: $70.50
- 2015-11-12: Cash Dividend Receipt AAPL: $22.88
- 2015-11-13: Cash Dividend Receipt GD: $24.15
- 2015-11-13: Cash Dividend Receipt VNR: $21.15
- 2015-11-16: Cash Dividend Receipt PG: $21.21
- 2015-11-16: Return of Capital ETP: $105.50
- 2015-11-16: Cash Dividend Receipt O: $19.05
- 2015-11-16: Cash Dividend Receipt OHI: $78.40
- 2015-11-16: Cash Dividend Receipt STAG: $16.10
- 2015-11-18: Return of Capital APU: $110.40
- 2015-11-18: Cash Dividend Receipt MIC: $33.30
- 2015-11-20: Cash Dividend Receipt CAT: $46.20
- Past Dividends
- 2015-11-14: Transfer Past Dividends KO: $100.20
- 2015-11-15: Transfer Past Dividends PG: $102.14
- 2015-11-19: Transfer Past Dividends KMB: $217.92
- 2015-11-22: Transfer Past Dividends ABBV: $18.36
- 2015-11-24: Transfer Past Dividends D: $95.67
- 2015-11-19: Passive Income Cash Deposit: $226.77
- 2015-11-30: December Cash Deposit: $2,500.00
- Past Deposits
- 2015-11-14: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,530.85
- 2015-11-15: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,543.02
- 2015-11-19: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,535.35
- 2015-11-22: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,516.20
- 2015-11-24: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,498.83
- From Purchases
- The purchase of 75 HCP shares added $169.50.
- The purchase of 90 QCOM shares added $172.80.
- From Sales
- The sale of 120 PMT shares removed $-225.60
- The sale of 75 TGH shares removed $-141.00
- From Transfers
- The transfer of 65 KO shares added $85.80
- The transfer of 32 PG shares added $84.85
- The transfer of 28 KMB shares added $98.56
- The transfer of 36 ABBV shares added $82.08
- The transfer of 36 D shares added $93.24
- From Increases
- MCD's dividend increase added $4.32
- Projected annual dividend income increased by $425.55 to $7,471.44
- Dividend income last month: $364.26
- Dividend income this month: $1,121.13
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $6,321.60
- Total dividend income all-time: $11,616.55
|Oct 31, 2015|
|Nov 30, 2015|
In November, the Dow gained 0.32% and the S&P 500 gained 0.84%. In comparison, DivGro dropped 2%.
I wrote a total of 16 articles in November. In case you missed any of those articles, here they are:
- 1 Nov: 13 Dividend Increases, October 26-30, 2015 – includes raises for AFL, ETP, and STAG
- 2 Nov: Recent Buy: ConocoPhillips – increasing my share count to 85 shares
- 3 Nov: Recent Sell: PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust – exiting PMT due to 23% dividend cut
- 4 Nov: Recent Sell: Textainer Group Holdings Limited – exiting TGH due to 50% dividend cut
- 8 Nov: 15 Dividend Increases, November 2-6, 2015 – includes a dividend increase from MIC
- 10 Nov: Changes Are Coming! – selling unwanted stocks and transferring stocks from Scottrade
- 15 Nov: Recent Transfer: The Coca Cola Company – Dividend Champion KO joins DivGro!
- 16 Nov: 6 Dividend Increases, November 9-13, 2015 – includes a dividend raise from MCD
- 17 Nov: Recent Transfer: The Procter & Gamble Company – another Dividend Champion PG added!
- 19 Nov: Recent Transfer: Kimberly-Clark Corporation – yet another Dividend Champion KMB added!
- 22 Nov: 8 Dividend Increases, November 16-20, 2015 – no DivGro holdings with raises this time...
- 22 Nov: Recent Transfer: AbbVie Inc. – expecting solid growth from Health Care sector stock ABBV
- 24 Nov: Recent Transfer: Dominion Resources, Inc. – adding Dividend Contender D
- 26 Nov: The Other Way To Harvest Tax Losses – first buy new shares, then sell original shares
- 27 Nov: Recent Buy: HCP Inc. – initiating a position in this REIT yielding more than 6%!
- 29 Nov: Blogroll Page Reorganized – check out my new blogroll page with updated sections
Looking Ahead: I'll continue transferring stocks from my Scottrade account to DivGro. Futhermore, I'll be closing some positions I no longer want in my Porfolio.
Thanks for reading and take care, everybody!