DIS pays dividends semi-annually in the months of January and July. The company has a 6-year streak of dividend increases. At the current price of $105.07 the stock yields 1.35%.
DIS is the 15th stock that I'm transferring from my portfolio at Scottrade to DivGro.
Previously, I've transferred the following stocks:
|Coca Cola (NYSE:KO)|
|Proctor & Gamble (NYSE:PG)|
|Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN)|
|Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP)|
|Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD)|
|Dominion Resources (NYSE:D)|
|Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI)|
|W.P. Carey (NYSE:WPC)|
|Dr Pepper Snapple (NYSE:DPS)|
|7.||Toronto-Dominion Bank (NYSE:TD)||14.||Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)|
In the process, I've added $1,333.56 to DivGro's projected annual dividend income and $1,798.50 in past dividends to DivGro's total dividend tally.
|2014-12-09||Bought: 50 shares of DIS at $92.88 per share:||$||4,643.97|
|2015-01-08||Dividend on 50 shares at $1.15¢ per share:||$||57.50|
|2015-07-29||Dividend on 50 shares at 66¢ per share:||$||33.00|
|2015-11-16||Bought: 23 shares of DIS at $114.06 per share:||$||2,623.48|
|Total Capital Invested||$||7,267.45|
|Total Dividends Received:||$||90.50|
With this transfer, DivGro's projected annual dividend income increases by $103.66.
The following chart shows a 2-year history of Disney's share price and indicates when I bought shares. I'm happy with the performance so far – my investment is up about 7% (or 9% annualized).
I already own 27 shares of DIS, which I bought on 27 January 2015, so this transfer brings the total number of DIS shares in DivGro to 100. At this stage, DIS is my largest holding in DivGro.
Here are some reasons I like DIS and why I decided to transfer the shares to DivGro:
- DIS is a Dividend Challenger with a 6-year streak of dividend increases. In 2015, DIS switched to paying dividends semi-annually instead of annually.
- With a payout ratio of only 29% and low debt levels (39% debt/equity), DIS can easily continue to increase dividends for many years to come.
- In November 2015, DIS announced full year earnings for fiscal 2015. The company completed a fifth consecutive year of record performance, delivering the highest revenue, net income and adjusted EPS in the company’s history.
- Morningstar gives DIS a 4-star rating and a fair value estimate of $134, implying an upside of 28% over the current share price.
- Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm. I work for one of these companies which is part of Disney.
Thanks for reading! Do you have any thoughts on DIS as a dividend growth stock? Please share your thoughts below.