This page contains links to dividend growth investing (DGI) blogs and other blogs focusing on passive income generation and the pursuit of financial independence.
If you have a blog not listed here, please feel free to nominate it for inclusion!
I highly value blogs that include a public portfolio. With public, I mean there is a page dedicated to the portfolio, showing (at least) a list of tickers, the number of shares per ticker, the value of each position, and the total portfolio value. Unfortunately, a list of tickers and percentages do not count.
Blogs with public portfolios are prominently displayed and are marked (and linked to) with this symbol: ¶
Honor Roll Blogs
This section contains my favorite DGI blogs. Typically, these blogs have been active for several years and contain high quality or inspirational articles. For me, active means weekly posts, on average. High quality and inspirational are, of course, subjective.
#1. Dividend Growth Stocks • Apr '11
- Writing under the pseudonym Dividends4Life (D4L), the owner of this blog is one of the founding members of The DIV-Net and a prolific contributor to Seeking Alpha. He has more than 43,000 followers on Seeking Alpha! I love his regular detailed quantitative stock analysis articles (see a recent sample). Readers can subscribe to premium content.
- The blog of one of the founding members of The DIV-Net, a prolific writer! With more than 1,500 blog articles to date, the site provides stock analyses and articles about dividend growth investing, retirement planning, financial independence, and more. The author has hinted at not continuing with the blog beyond 2017.
#3. DennisMcCain • Aug '13
- A truly beautiful, ad-free blog created by Dennis McCain, who combines dividend growth investing and options to boost income. Dennis and I share other interests, too: photography and hiking. His blog includes several excellent pages, including Best Ideas This Week and Dividend Increases. Also check out his Article Index page for an archive of all articles.
#4. ¶ A Frugal Family's Journey • Mar '14
- A great blog by a Californian family striving to become financially independent. Because AFFJ shares so much detail about the family's financials, it truly feels like you're traveling along with them on their journey. Check out AFFJ's collections of Stock Analyses and Recent Buys —great resources for research and ideas.
#5. ¶ The Dividend Guy • Jul '05
- Mike, a French Canadian, became The Dividend Guy after buying the blog in 2010. He collects blogs! He also owns Dividend Stocks Rock and Dividend Monk and remains active on his first blog, The Financial Blogger. Mike and family is currently on a year-long RV trip, but he remains quite active on his blogs.
- JC of Passive Income Pursuit (PIP) writes amazing stock analysis articles, such as this one on PEP. I've learned a lot from his approach to stock valuation. We share an interest in options trading to boost dividend income. JC visits DivGro regularly and comments frequently. Check out PIP's Learning Center with lots of links to great online tools.
- All About Interest (AAI) was one of the first commenters on my blog. His strategy to reach financial independence is through dividend growth and real estate investing. AAI's blogging has slowed down significantly as he works on getting a restaurant up and running. I really like AAI's easy writing style!
- Sabeel from Roadmap2Retire (R2R) is a software designer with a passion for personal finance and investing. He started investing in mutual funds in 2007, but learned that the "small" management fee recurs annually and snowballs into a significant charge over time. He rightfully calls mutual funds a scam. I like R2R's pragmatic approach to investing!
- The newest blog on my honor roll is Investment Hunting, a great blog with cool-looking graphics. The author, Nathan, has experienced some ups and downs financially. Check out his wonderful Blogger Interview Series to learn about some of the bloggers that inspires him. We found out that we're practically neighbors in the San Francisco Bay Area!
- Keith, the author of DivHut (DH), is an internet entrepreneur that focuses on dividend growth investing and passive income generation. His blog is relatively, new, but DH has investment records going back to 2007... so, in fact, he's a veteran dividend growth investor! Check out DH's portfolio – it is very impressive!
This section contains blogs that are at least one year old and have at least 50 posts in the past year.
The Dividend Girl • Aug'07
Hello Suckers • Aug'08
My Journey To Millions • Aug'08
My Own Advisor • Dec'09
Dividend Earner • May'10in
¶ Two Investing • Jul '10
Retire by 40 • Oct'10
¶ Freedom Thirty Five Blog • Nov'10
FI Fighter • Feb'12
Don Dividendo (Spanish) • Mar'12
Dividends in Hand • Dec'12
¶ Investing Pursuits • Apr'13
The Conservative Income Investor • May'13
¶ Dividend Hawk • Aug'13
¶ FabSavings • Sep'13
Retire Before Dad • Sep'13
Harvesting Dividends • Jan'14
Financially Free By Forty • Mar'14
¶ Dividend Life • Apr'14
¶ Dividend Diplomats • May'14
¶ Young Dividend • May'14
¶ Pollies Dividend • Jun'14
Tawcan • Jul'14
Petrusko (Swedish) • Aug'14
¶ Well Rounded Investor • Aug'14
The Broke Dividend Investor • Nov'14
¶ The StockFox.com • Nov'14
Div4Son • Jan'15
Dividend Beginner • Apr'15
¶ I Want To Retire Soon • May'15
Amber Tree Leaves • May'15
Stalflare • May'15
Stable Dividend Portfolio • Jun'15
Race2Retirement • Jun'15
It Pays Dividends • Jul'15
¶ DGI Adventure • Sep'15
¶ DividendTIME • Sep'15
Dividends Down Under • Dec'15
This section contains blogs that are at least one year old but have fewer than 50 posts in the past year.
Accumulating Assets • Sep'07
Dividend Monk • Feb'10
Dividend Ninja • Sep'10
¶ The Dividend Pig • Oct'10
Dividend Warrior • Nov'10
Dividend Mantra • Mar'11
¶ $25,000 Dividends • Nov'11
Dividend Geek • Aug'12
¶ Monsieur Dividende • Aug'12
¶ Average Dividend Yield • Oct'12
Create My Independence • Dec'12
¶ DividendVet • Jan'13
Dividend Growth Investing & Retirement • Jan'13
Passive Income Farmer • Feb'13
Dividend Ladder • Mar'13
¶ Captain Dividend • May'13
A Dividend Dream! • Jun'13
Finance Journey • Jun'13
The Dividend SWAN • Jul'13
¶ BlackDogPortfolio (Italian) • Sep'13
¶ Alpha Target • Sep'13
Dividend Income Stocks • Sep'13
Million Endeavour • Jan'14
My Dividend Pipeline • Jan'14
Tales From The Tape • Jan'14
Income Surfer • Feb'14
New to Dividends • Feb'14
¶ Starting From Zero • Feb'14
¶ The Expat Investor • Feb'14
¶ Passive Income Mavericks • Mar'14
Happy, Healthy and Wealthy Girl • Apr'14
¶ My Road To Wealth And Freedom • May'14
¶ American Dividend Dream • May'14
¶ Dividend for Starters • Jun'14
The Dividend Family Guy • Jun'14
¶ No More Waffles • Jun'14
¶ Dividend Wisp • Jun'14
Dividend Gravy • Jul'14
Dividend Quest • Jul'14
Active Passive Money • Aug'14
There's Value • Aug'14
Be Smart Rich • Sep'14
¶ Journey to Total Freedom • Dec'14
Seeking Returns • Dec'14
¶ A Christian Investor • Jan'15
¶ Dividend Growth Portfolio • Mar'15
¶ Zero To Zeroes • Mar'15
Dividend Samurai (Japanese) • Apr'15
¶ The Weekly Investment • Apr'15
Dividends Are Coming • May'15
Building a Stable Dividend Portfolio • Jun'15
¶ Dividend Lord • Jun'15
¶ GogoAssets • Aug'15
¶ Dividend Cashflow • Sep'15
Dividend Meter • Sep'15
Dividend Knight • Sep'15
¶ Dividendniche • Sep'15
¶ Dividend Mill • Nov'15
Passive Dividend Income • Nov'15
¶ MonthlyCents • Dec'15
¶ Wallet Squirrel • Dec'15
This section contains blogs with subscription-based or member-only access to some material. A few of these blogs offer trail memberships or limited access to some material.
Dividend Value Builder
- Free: Archive of articles.
- $Fee: Subscribe to receive monthly dividend value builder newsletters, which uses a quantitative approach to evaluating and comparing stocks.
- Free: Blog.
- $Fee: Monthly Simply Investing Report. Also offers Simply Investing Course, including 137p PDF workbook.
- Free: Archive of articles.
- $Fee: Subscribe to receive monthly newsletter and access to 4 portfolios and online research tools, including dividend safety and growth scores, stock and portfolio analyzers, and a dividend stock screener.
- Free: Archive of all articles.
- $Fee: Subscribe to receive monthly newsletter providing systematic rankings of high-quality dividend growth stocks.
This section contains links to financial or investment websites. These typically have a wider readership and focus than just dividend growth investing. I'm happy to add new links here, so let me know if you represent or write for such a website, and I'll consider adding a link to your website!
This section contains blogs that are less than one year old. I'm happy to add new blogs here, so let me know if you have a new blog! After about a year, blogs in this section will either go up or down to other sections on my blogroll page (or I'll just delete them if the last post is more than 3 months old).
Life Is My Goal (Swedish) • Dec'15
¶ Dividend Reaper • Jan'16
¶ Our Dime Our Time • Jan'16
Focus on Dividends • Feb'16
One Dividend At A Time • Feb'16
All About The Dividends • Mar'16
The Compound Investor • Mar'1
¶ Screaming Little Man • May'16
Desidividend • Apr'16
Divi Cents • Apr'16
¶ Dividend Ten • May'16
Dividends 4 Future • Jun'16
Passive Income Dude • Jul'16
¶ Pursuit 2 Freedom • Jul'16
The Dividend Life • Sep'16
Mr. Free At 33 • Sep'16
¶ Dividend Daze • Nov'16
Finance Footing • Dec'16
¶ Buy, Hold Long • Dec'16
Financial Freedom is a Journey • Dec'16
This section contains blogs in which the last post is more than 3 months old. If the owner of a dormant blog resumes blogging and I'm made aware of it, I'll reinstate the blog in the appropriate section above. Blogs that are less than one year old when the author stops posting don't qualify to become dormant – I just delete them.
Rising Dividend Investing • Dec'04 last post Apr'16
Save Invest Give • Jan'07 last post Mar'16
¶ Pulling Ourselves Up Financially • Apr'11 last post Jun'15
¶ The Intelligent Investor Blog • Apr'11 last post Oct'15
The Stoic Investor • Jan'12 last post Sep'15
Dividend Growth Machine • Jan'12 last post Jul'14
The Investment Road to Freedom • Feb'12 last post Feb'16
¶ Death to the Full-Time Job • Aug'12 last post Aug'15
Dividend Engineering • Oct'12 last post Jul'15
Rising Returns • Oct'12 last post Oct'16
¶ Financial Freedom • Aug'13 last post Feb'16
Total Return Investor • Aug'13 last post Dec'15
Buy Smart Never Sell • Sep'13 last post Jun'16
Dividend Mom • Sep'13 last post Jan'16
¶ Quit Your Day Job 101 • Sep'13 last post Mar'16
Invest Like Grampa • Feb'14 last post May'15
¶ Dividendasaur • Feb'14 last post Aug'15
¶ My Dividend Growth • Mar'14 last post Dec'15
Dividendogma (Spanish) • Apr'14 last post May'15
¶ Dividend Growth Journey • Apr'14 last post May'16
¶ Asset Grinder • May'14 last post Feb'16
Dear Dividend... • May'14 last post Jul'16
Dutch Dividend • May'14 last post Sep'16
David's Financial Freedom Journey • Jul'14 last post Aug'16
¶ Dividend Digger • Aug'14 last post Aug'16
DividendDreamer • Sep'14 last post Sep'16
Dividends With Children • Oct'14 last post Oct'15
Financial Freedom to the Divorced People • Feb'15 last post May'16
¶ Dividend Empire • Apr'15 last post Sep'16
¶ Dividend Freedom • Apr'15 last post Jul'16
¶ Dividend Liberty • Dec'15 last post Jul'16
¶ Trade Our Life • Dec'15 last post Oct'16
If you have a blog not listed here, please nominate it for inclusion in the comments section below!