In Q3, I contributed $3,000 in capital funds to DivGro. Dividend income for the quarter was $385.89, up from $235.34 received in Q2. This is the second consecutive quarterly increase in dividend income.
I purchased shares in five new dividend growth stocks, adding $617.38 to DivGro's projected annual dividend income, which now totals $1,766.19.
On September 30, the market value of DivGro was $46,020.17. This represents a simple profit of 9.57% and an annualized personal rate of return (PRR) of 21.06%.
|Jul 1, 2013||
|Sep 30, 2013||
In the quarter ending September 2013, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.51% and the S&P 500 increased 3.59%. In comparison, DivGro's value increased by 11.92% (when measured by PRR for the third quarter).
Here is a spreadsheet summarizing DivGro's performance for Q3-2013:
- NTT pays semi-annual dividends. The company decreased its first semi-annual dividend (payable in March) from 43.94¢ to 40.93¢ per share. Effectively, the decrease is from 92.47¢ to 89.46¢ per share, or -3.26%. The decrease reduces DivGro's projected annual dividend income by $3.11. Yield on Cost for NTT is now 3.99%.
- COP increased its quarterly dividend from 66¢ to 69¢ per share, or 4.54%. This increase adds $4.56 to DivGro's projected annual dividend income. Yield on Cost for COP is now 4.26%.
- TGH increased its quarterly dividend from 46¢ to 47¢, adding $3.00 to DivGro's projected annual dividend income. Yield on cost for TGH is now 5.53%.
- BBL pays semi-annual dividends. The company increased its second semi-annual dividend (payable in September) from $1.14 to $1.18 per share. The new annual dividend of $2.32 represents a yield on cost for BBL of 3.97%. The increase adds $1.72 to DivGro's projected annual dividend income.
- CHL pays semi-annual dividends. It recently increased its second semi-annual dividend (payable in September) from 94.74¢ to 98.4¢ per share. The new annual dividend is $2.02. The increase adds $1.72 to DivGro's projected annual dividend income. Yield on cost for CHL is now 3.78%.
- 2013-07-03: Cash Dividend Receipt NTT: $45.02
- 2013-08-01: Return of Capital ETP: $89.38
- 2013-08-09: Cash Dividend Receipt GD: $19.60
- 2013-08-27: Cash Dividend Receipt TGH: $35.25
- 2013-08-30: Cash Dividend Receipt PRE: $17.28
- 2013-09-03: Cash Dividend Receipt AFL: $17.50
- 2013-09-03: Cash Dividend Receipt COP: $26.22
- 2013-09-03: Cash Dividend Receipt INTC: $27.00
- 2013-09-10: Cash Dividend Receipt CVX: $25.00
- 2013-09-12: Cash Dividend Receipt MSFT: $18.40
- 2013-09-25: Cash Dividend Receipt BBL: $50.74
- 2013-09-30: Cash Dividend Receipt TRV: $14.50
- Total for Q3 of 2013: $385.89 (up from $235.34 for Q2 of 2013)
- Total year-to-date: $760.11