This monthly review is the 40th I've compiled since creating DivGro. I'm somewhat astonished to see the progress... DivGro's market value just crossed the $300k level and, more importantly, projected annual dividend income is approaching $12,000. When that target is reached, it means that the portfolio will be generating $1,000 per month of dividend income, on average, in perpetuity!
Please see my Performance page for various visuals summarizing DivGro's performance.
I recorded dividend income totaling $1,536 this month, of which $651 is from dividends received in April and $885 is from past dividends recorded. This month, 17 of my stocks paid dividends and 7 stocks announced dividend increases. DivGro's average yield on cost (YoC) is 4.42% and the payback percentage is 8.28%.
Here is DivGro's projected monthly dividend income (red line) plotted against monthly dividends:
Comparing dividend income by month is another way to see progress:
Dividend income in April 2016 is 58% higher than the amount I received in April 2015.
- 2016-04-01: Transfer 24 shares of JNJ @ $96.60
- 2016-04-03: Transfer 100 shares of RAI @ $25.55
- 2016-04-08: Transfer 100 shares of INTC @ $25.82
- 2016-04-13: Transfer 14 shares of LMT @ $180.82
- 2016-04-16: Transfer 16 shares of NOC @ $152.50
- 2016-04-22: Transfer 24 shares of RTN @ $107.43
- 2016-04-25: Transfer 40 shares of VLO @ $61.74
- 2016-04-01: Cash Dividend Received NPM: $951.54
- 2016-04-01: Cash Dividend Received KO: $22.75
- 2016-04-01: Cash Dividend Received RAI: $35.70
- 2016-04-01: Cash Dividend Received PNNT: $531.18
- 2016-04-04: Cash Dividend Received KMB: $25.76
- 2016-04-04: Cash Dividend Received WMT: $17.00
- 2016-04-05: Cash Dividend Received DPS: $37.10
- 2016-04-11: Cash Dividend Received MO: $147.00
- 2016-04-11: Cash Dividend Received PM: $0.00
- 2016-04-15: Cash Dividend Received STWD: $120.00
- 2016-04-15: Cash Dividend Received O: $19.90
- 2016-04-15: Cash Dividend Received STAG: $27.80
- 2016-04-15: Cash Dividend Received MAIN: $41.40
- 2016-04-15: Cash Dividend Received WPC: $25.20
- 2016-04-21: Cash Dividend Received CB: $0.72
- 2016-04-27: Cash Dividend Received GPS: $95.67
- 2016-04-29: Cash Dividend Received EXG: $40.65
- Past Dividends
- 2016-04-01: Transfer Past Dividends JNJ: $143.22
- 2016-04-03: Transfer Past Dividends RAI: $389.72
- 2016-04-08: Transfer Past Dividends INTC: $115.81
- 2016-04-13: Transfer Past Dividends LMT: $104.58
- 2016-04-16: Transfer Past Dividends NOC: $59.28
- 2016-04-22: Transfer Past Dividends RTN: $56.10
- 2016-04-25: Transfer Past Dividends VLO: $15.83
- 2016-04-19: Passive Income Cash Deposit: $440.10
- 2016-04-27: MAY Cash Deposit: $2,000.00
- Past Deposits
- 2016-04-01: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,318.32
- 2016-04-03: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,554.96
- 2016-04-08: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,582.28
- 2016-04-13: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,531.54
- 2016-04-16: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,439.92
- 2016-04-22: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,578.37
- 2016-04-25: Transfer Past Cash Deposit: $2,469.48
- From Purchases
- The purchase of 59 NIE shares added $89.68.
- The purchase of 105 GPS shares added $96.60.
- From Transfers
- The transfer of 24 JNJ shares added $72.00.
- The transfer of 100 RAI shares added $168.00.
- The transfer of 100 INTC shares added $104.00.
- The transfer of 14 LMT shares added $92.40.
- The transfer of 16 NOC shares added $51.20.
- The transfer of 24 RTN shares added $70.32.
- The transfer of 40 VLO shares added $96.00.
- From Increases
- PG's dividend increase added $0.84.
- OHI's dividend increase added $5.60.
- TRV's dividend increase added $6.96.
- AAPL's dividend increase added $8.80.
- GILD's dividend increase added $8.00.
- IBM's dividend increase added $12.00.
- JNJ's dividend increase added $10.80.
- XOM's dividend increase added $5.20.
- PADI increased by $898.41 to $11,061.47.
- Dividend income last month: $2,633.17
- Dividend income this month: $1,536.00
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $7,505.95
- Total dividend income all-time: $20,707.52
|Mar 31, 2016|
|Apr 30, 2016|
The Dow gained 0.50% and the S&P 500 gained 0.27% in the month of April. In comparison, DivGro gained 0.86%, slightly outpacing the general markets.
- PADI: Increase projected annual dividend income to $12,000.
- Dividends: Earn $10,800 in dividend income.
- Posts: Post 120 articles on my DivGro blog.
- Seeking: Write 52 premium articles for Seeking Alpha.
- DivNet: Write 8 articles for The DivNet.
The last gauge is a reference – it indicates where the other gauges should be after 91 out of 366 days. I'm ahead of schedule with PADI, Dividends, and Posts. I have yet to write for DivNet. I'm hoping to do so this month!
I wrote a total of 15 articles in April. In case you missed any of them, here they are:
- 1 Apr: Recent Transfer: Johnson & Johnson – Dividend Champion JNJ has a AAA credit rating
- 2 Apr: Recent Buy: AllianzGI Equity & Convertible Income Fund – CEF yielding 8.36%!
- 3 Apr: Recent Transfer: Reynolds American, Inc. – Dividend Contender RAI yields 3.3% and performs well for DivGro!
- 4 Apr: Recent Buy: AbbVie Inc. – Adding 44 shares to the 36 shares I already own
- 6 Apr: Monthly Review: March 2016 – another record setting month of dividend income!
- 8 Apr: Recent Transfer: Intel Corporation – Morningstar assign INTC a AA credit rating
- 11 Apr: 7 Dividend Increases: March 28-April 8, 2016 – 4 double digit increases and one DivGro holding
- 13 Apr: Recent Transfer: Lockheed Martin Corporation – Dividend Contender LMT yields 2.94%
- 16 Apr: Recent Buy: Northrop Grumman Corporation – Dividend Contender NOC yields only 1.70%, but performs well for DivGro!
- 17 Apr: 7 Dividend Increases: April 11-15, 2016 – Includes a low-yielding stock with an increase of more than 50%!
- 22 Apr: Recent Transfer: Raytheon Company – Dividend Contender RTN yields 2.32% and is performing well for DivGro!
- 23 Apr: Quarterly Review, Q1-2016 – another quarterly review, with lots of visuals showing DivGro's performance
- 24 Apr: 11 Dividend Increases: April 18-22, 2016 – DivGro holding TRV increases by nearly 10%!
- 27 Apr: 10 Dividend Growth Stocks For April 2016 – 4 newcomers, and LOW tops this month's list
- 29 Apr: Recent Transfer: Valero Energy Corporation – VLO is the last position I'm consolidating into DivGro
Looking Ahead: I'm continuing the process of consolidating dividend paying stocks I hold in a couple of IRA accounts with those in DivGro. I still have a good portion of cash on hand, so I'll be looking for good opportunities to add to my holdings.