Despite my vacation, I managed to write several posts in January, including reviews and the first of a new series of posts in which I'll be identifying 10 dividend growth candidates every month, one for each sector in my watch list.
This month, I bought shares of Altria Group Inc. (MO), adding one more holding to DivGro in the Consumer Staples sector. DivGro's projected annual dividend income now stands at $3,027, a yield of 4.05% given DivGro's market value of $74,789.
I received $121 in dividend payments from 4 stocks this month. Below is a chart showing DivGro's monthly dividend income and the projected monthly dividend income since January 2013. This month, projected monthly dividend income increased to $252, up from $239 last month.
- 2014-01-31: BUY 75 MO @ $35.29
- 2014-01-02: Cash Dividend Receipt PNNT: $60.20
- 2014-01-15: Cash Dividend Receipt VNR: $37.35
- 2014-01-30: Cash Dividend Receipt SJR: $7.89
- 2014-01-31: Cash Dividend Receipt ACE: $15.12
- 2014-01-30: FEB Cash Deposit: $2,500
New Dividends and Dividend Increases:
- The purchase of MO added $144 of projected annual dividend income.
- SJR's dividend increase added $8.40 of projected annual dividend income.
- PRE's dividend increase added $3.24 of projected annual dividend income.
- ETP's distribution increase added $6.00 of projected annual dividend income.
- Projected annual dividend income: $3,026.58
- Dividend income last month: $262.30
- Dividend income this month: $120.65
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $120.65
|Dec 31, 2013||
|Jan 31, 2014||
Volatility increased in January as the Dow dropped 5.3%, its worst January since 2009. The S&P 500 lost 3.6%, while the Nasdaq was down 1.7%. DivGro experienced a loss of 4.6%.
Portfolio: The following spreadsheet shows the state of DivGro on January 31, 2014: