|I invested in AmeriGas Parnters, L.P. (APU) and Meredith Corporation (MDP) this month, adding to DivGro's holdings in the Utilities and Consumer Discretionary sectors, respectively.|
All sectors in my watch list now are multiply covered, except for the Materials sector. I'll look an opportunity to add a holding in the Materials sector this month.
DivGro now has a $88,820 market value and projected annual dividend income of $3,508, which represents a simple yield of 3.94%. As mentioned earlier, I received $359 in dividends, an increase of 725% over my March 2013 dividend income. Projected monthly dividend income increased from $259 last month to $292 this month:
- 2014-03-14: SELL 105 SJR @ $23.20
- 2014-03-03: Cash Dividend Receipt INTC: $27.00
- 2014-03-03: Cash Dividend Receipt AFL: $18.50
- 2014-03-03: Cash Dividend Receipt COP: $26.22
- 2014-03-04: Cash Dividend Receipt TGH: $35.25
- 2014-03-10: Cash Dividend Receipt XOM: $18.90
- 2014-03-10: Cash Dividend Receipt TGT: $10.20
- 2014-03-10: Cash Dividend Receipt CVX: $25.00
- 2014-03-11: Cash Dividend Receipt JNJ: $19.80
- 2014-03-12: Cash Dividend Receipt WAG: $13.86
- 2014-03-13: Cash Dividend Receipt MSFT: $22.40
- 2014-03-17: Cash Dividend Receipt VNR: $37.35
- 2014-03-26: Cash Dividend Receipt BBL: $50.74
- 2014-03-28: Cash Dividend Receipt SJR: $8.70
- 2014-03-31: Cash Dividend Receipt TRV: $14.50
- 2014-03-31: Cash Dividend Receipt NU: $23.55
- 2014-03-14: Bonus Cash Deposit: $5,000
- 2014-03-31: APR Cash Deposit: $2,500
New Dividends and Dividend Increases:
- The purchase of APU added $403.20 of projected annual dividend income.
- The purchase of MDP added $95.15 of projected annual dividend income.
- The sale of SJR removed $115.50 of projected annual dividend income.
- GD's dividend increase added $8.40 of projected annual dividend income.
- VNR's dividend increase added $5.40 of projected annual dividend income.
- Projected annual dividend income: $3,508.43
- Dividend income last month: $101.05
- Dividend income this month: $358.97
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $580.67
|Feb 28, 2014||
|Mar 31, 2014||
Portfolio: The following spreadsheet shows the state of DivGro on March 31, 2014:
Looking Ahead: This month is Tax Month, so I will need to shift focus away from DivGro in order to prepare our taxes. Before digging in, I'd like to complete my Q1-2014 quarterly review post, as well as another installment of my monthly series in which I identify 10 new dividend growth candidates, one for each sector in my watch list. I have enough funds for two non-MLP purchases, or one MLP purchase.
More than half of DivGro's holdings pay dividends in March, so I had an incredible month! How did you do in March?