On the last day of 2014, DivGro's market value was $118,213, down slightly from November's month-end market value. The portfolio is delivering an average yield on cost (YoC) of 4.6%. Projected monthly income is $407, up from $398 at the end of November.
As far as dividend income goes, December was not quite the record month I had expected. The month's total of $480 is the second highest monthly income, after September's $498. Seadrill's (NYSE:SDRL) dividend suspension is still impacting DivGro's statistics and charts (including the fourth quarter performance, which I'll report on soon).
AT&T (NYSE:T) announced a small dividend increase of 2.17%, the only dividend hike for DivGro this month. Due to a currency exchange loss, the last dividend paid by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NYSE:NTT) was smaller than expected. The overall impact on DivGro's projected annual dividend income of these dividend changes is small, an increase of only $1.31 ($3.00 - $1.69).
Currently, DivGro's projected annual dividend income is $4,886, which means I can expect monthly dividend income averaging about $407 going forward.
- 2014-12-16: Buy 25 shares of CVX @ $102.97
- 2014-12-01: Cash Dividend Receipt AFL: $19.50
- 2014-12-01: Cash Dividend Receipt COP: $27.74
- 2014-12-01: Cash Dividend Receipt HP: $19.94
- 2014-12-01: Cash Dividend Receipt INTC: $27.00
- 2014-12-01: Cash Dividend Receipt PRE: $18.09
- 2014-12-01: Cash Dividend Receipt TGH: $35.25
- 2014-12-09: Cash Dividend Receipt JNJ: $21.00
- 2014-12-10: Cash Dividend Receipt TGT: $20.80
- 2014-12-10: Cash Dividend Receipt CVX: $26.75
- 2014-12-10: Cash Dividend Receipt XOM: $20.70
- 2014-12-10: Cash Dividend Receipt IBM: $15.40
- 2014-12-11: Cash Dividend Receipt MSFT: $24.80
- 2014-12-12: Cash Dividend Receipt WBA: $14.85
- 2014-12-15: Cash Dividend Receipt VNR: $37.80
- 2014-12-15: Cash Dividend Receipt NTT: $40.35
- 2014-12-15: Cash Dividend Receipt MCD: $22.95
- 2014-12-15: Cash Dividend Receipt MDP: $23.79
- 2014-12-15: Cash Dividend Receipt AVA: $23.81
- 2014-12-31: Cash Dividend Receipt NU: $23.55
- 2014-12-31: Cash Dividend Receipt TRV: $15.95
- 2014-12-30: JANUARY Cash Deposit: $2,500.00
Changes in Projected Annual Dividend Income:
- The purchase of 25 CVX shares added $107.00.
- T's dividend increase added $3.00.
- NTT's dividend decrease removed $-1.69.
- Projected annual dividend income (31 December 2014): $4,885.70.
- Dividend income last month: $301.60
- Dividend income this month: $480.02
- Total dividend income year-to-date: $3,945.10
|Nov 30, 2014|
|Dec 31, 2014|
In December, the Dow dropped -0.03% and the S&P 500 dropped -0.42%. In comparison, DivGro dropped -2.47%.
Portfolio: The following spreadsheet shows the state of DivGro on 31 December 2014:
Looking Ahead: Soon, I'll post my Q4 and second annual review posts. In the new year, I have very challenging goals to take care of, including earning $6,000 in dividend income and boosting projected annual dividend income to $7,500. I'll continue to deposit $2,500 of fresh capital every month and also look for opportunities to make a few bonus deposits. Along with my growing dividend income of about $400 per month as well as blog income, I hope to deploy about $45,000 in new capital this year.